Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Presenting: Radicchio and Arugula Salad with Walnuts and Dates

Radicchio and Arugula Salad with Walnuts and Dates




This post will read very similar to the Asian chicken salad I published a couple of weeks ago. Today, my daughter is graduating from Kindergarten and the class scheduled a pot luck-style picnic at a nearby park afterwards. I volunteered a salad and decided to make this one. A quick check of The Flavor Bible yielded a flavor affinity of endive, arugula and radicchio but when I went to purchase my ingredients, two supermarkets didn't have Belgian endive in their inventory so I substituted some iceberg lettuce.

Some other adaptations: I toasted my walnuts in a dry sauté pan instead of in the oven and I also used Emeril's balsamic vinaigrette which has become my go-to mainly because the Dijon holds the oil and vinegar together.

Other than the changes noted above, the main recipe can be found from Food & Wine magazine's website.

I'll be back Sunday with a dessert for Dad.

2 comments:

  1. Great job man! That salad looks terrific, perfect for summer. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy kindergarten graduation to your daughter! This salad looks delicious and I love the addition of dates and walnuts. I'm looking forward to your dessert on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always welcomed. If you're going to be critical, be constructive. In other words, be nice.