Sunday, January 20, 2013

#SundaySupper Cocktail: Moscow Mule

Moscow Mule


Something new for 2013...

Isabel of Family Foodie started the Sunday Supper Movement about a year ago. It's mission is to bring the families together around the table for a Sunday Supper each week, and to do so, she's assembled dozens of fellow food bloggers to create dishes that families can prepare around a common theme. Past themes have been Holiday Party Appetizers, Thanksgiving Leftovers and Foodie Bucket List dishes. Recently I joined the movement and this is my first recipe for it.

This week's theme is Retro Recipes. For it, I wanted to demonstrate the types of things I do. Namely: challenging food preparation and/or uncommon cooking methods for the home cook, and food that can easily be bought at the local supermarket made at home. In order to do this, I've updated a classic cocktail using the homemade ginger ale I published this past Friday, however the traditional recipe uses ginger beer, not ginger ale.

The Source

There are multiple sources for the same recipe, however I used the version found on epicurious.

Ingredients

1/2 lime
2 ounces vodka
4 to 6 ounces ginger ale
2 or 3 ice cubes

Method

1. Squeeze the lime into a Collins glass, then drop it in. Add 2 or 3 large ice cubes, then pour in the vodka and fill with cold ginger beer. Serve with a stirring rod.

Other Sunday Supper Participants

Please check out this week's other Sunday Supper participants.

Sunday Supper Retro Appetizers:
Sunday Supper Retro Salads:
Sunday Supper Retro Breads and Sandwiches:
SundaySupper Main Dishes:
Sunday Supper Retro Sides and Veggies:
Sunday Supper Retro Desserts and Cocktails:


23 comments:

  1. I have never had this drink before. Thank you for introducing me to this. I think my husband will find it quite refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can see drinking this on a Friday evening after work! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would tell you that this makes me thirsty. But, it's only 10:16 on a Sunday morning. Oh, heck. Who cares! This makes me thirsty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds soooo good and refreshing. I am going to have to try that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DId you use your homemade ginger ale for this?? Sounds like an awesome drink to kick back on a Sunday! Thanks for sharing, love what you got going on your blog!

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to try a Moscow Mule for some time now - maybe I should do that...stat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never had a Moscow Mule before...but I am dying to try one. And homemade gingerale? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of these before - but I want one immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! So glad you brought a cocktail to #SundaySupper. I haven't had this cocktail before either. I agree with Sherron that it looks refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice drink! Never heard of it before, but ginger and vodka I like a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ginger is amazing but I never thought of it in a drink. This is one to try!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo...now here's a cocktail I am not familiar with - but that lime in there sounds super refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cool a new cocktail for me to try out. Thank you for the introduction! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love ginger ale, this cocktail sounds wonderful. The hubby and I have been talking about trying to make some homemade after having some homemade at a friends house. I am going to swing over and check out that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw the Moscow Mule on a drink menu today. and I almost ordered it - it sounds so simple, but good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard of this or had it before...but this sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love ginger in anything but I've never had a Moscow Mule - sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where has this drink been all my life? How did I miss this? Yum. Is it 5 o'clock yet?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never seen this one before, but it sounds great. I wonder what my local bartender will think when I order a Moscow Mule? I bet I'll have to tell him how to make it. Easy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes! A boozy entry for this week's Sunday Supper! This sounds so delicious and refreshing. My day just started but I'm already in need of this drink. Don't judge me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is a great idea to make your own Moscow Mule. Remember the recipe you choose is important. Get yourself some variations of traditional Moscow Mule recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always welcomed. If you're going to be critical, be constructive. In other words, be nice.