|Cilantro Lime Rice|
This might read like my salmon dish I published a couple of months ago because I was searching for a more flavorful side dish. I honestly couldn't remember where I saw this idea, but when I went looking at recipes it occurred to me that a possibility was the restaurant chain, Chipotle. It's probably one of the least repugnant national fast-casual chains in this country. I admire their culture of sustainability and sourcing their ingredients from local farmers, so I thought I'd take this opportunitry to replicate this component for a citrus #SundaySupper.
In all honesty, this dish isn't very difficult to prepare but this side dish would be perfect when your attention is focused on the protein. At the very least, this dish provides a fundamental method for cooking rice on the stovetop instead of using a rice cooker.
I adapted this recipe by Kelsey Nixon I found on Cooking Channel's website by doubling the ingredients and adding a garnish.
1 cup white rice
10 sprigs fresh cilantro plus 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped.
2 cups chicken stock
Juice of 2 limes
1. Put rice in a fine mesh strainer and rinse with cold water until the water draining from the strainer runs clear. In a small saucepan, bring the rice, cilantro sprigs, broth, and lime juice to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender. Remove the cilantro sprigs, stir in the chopped cilantro, fluff with a fork and serve.
Absolutely, however I'm a little surprised Chipotle does not have a seafood option on their menu because these flavors would complement it well.
Other Sunday Supper Participants
And finally, please check out this week's other Sunday Supper participants:
Better with Citrus Breakfasts:
- Orange Ricotta Pancakes from Gotta Get Baked
- Honey Lime Dressing from Ruffles & Truffles
- Lemon Poppyseed Sweet Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Meyer Lemon Pistachio Loaf from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Moroccan Preserved Lemons from MarocMama
- Ceviche from Cookistry
- Cilantro Lime Rice from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Citrus Ginger Chicken from Kudos Kitchen
- Easy Indian Lemon Chicken from Soni's Food
- Grilled Orange & Lime Chicken Thighs from Big Bear's Wife
- Meyer Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Asparagus with Brown Rice from Daily Dish Recipes
- Orange Chicken from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Red Cabbage and Red Pepper Salad with Citrus Dressing from Family Foodie
- Seared Cod with Grapefruit Fennel Slaw from Magnolia Days
- Tangy Lemon Rice with Grated Mango & Roasted Cashew from Sue's Nutrition Buzz
- Blood Orange Sorbet from My Cute Bride
- Broiled Oranges with Toasted Coconut from Neighborfood
- Clementine Curd from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Creamsicle Cupcakes from The Meltaways
- Dairyfree Key Lime Meringue Bliss from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fresh Lemon Mousse from Comfy Cuisine
- Frozen Lemon Dessert from Gourmet Drizzles
- Gluten Free Orange Pound Cake from Simply Gourmet
- Honey and Lemon Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Key Lime Biscotti from Juanita's Cocina
- Key Lime Cheesecake from Flour on My Face
- Key Lime Cookie Bars from Supper for a Steal
- Key Lime Truffles from What Smells So Good?
- Lemon Blueberry Polenta Cake from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Lemon Coconut Cinnamon Rolls from Chocolate Moosey
- Lemon Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Lemon Cream Pie Push Pops from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Lemon Layer Cake from Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Lemon Ricotta Cake from The Urban Mrs.
- Meyer Lemon Snack Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mini Meyer Lemon Pies from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini Orange Cream & Lemon Cream Scones from The Foodie Army Wife
- No-Bake Lemon Cheese Cakes w/Blueberry-Lemon Sauce from Momma's Meals
- Olive Oil Cake with Orange Marmalade from Hip Foodie Mom
- Omiyage California Citrus Cake from Ninja Baking
- Orange Cake with Orange Syrup from The Lovely Pantry
- Pink Grapefruit Pie from In the Kitchen With Audrey and Maurene
- Pink Lemonade Pound Cake from In the Kitchen with KP
- Sugar-Free Lemon Meringue Pie from Webicurean
- Tarte au Citron from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and food photos.